Residential Whole House Oxidation Systems
to Remove Manganese, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Iron
Our high quality whole house oxidation systems can remove dissolved Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese from your water supply. For these types of problems, you need to start by having a water analysis performed. The water analysis will show you the actual level of these contaminants in your water supply. Our Chlorine Injection Pump can be used to disinfect your water supply and also control iron bacteria.
These are professional products for professional setup and initial configuration only. Work with a certified Water Treatment Specialist for these types of conditions.
Oxidation Systems, Automatic , Complete with FILOX-R® media
These whole house oxidation systems systems efficiently remove dissolved Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese from your home water supply. They use Filox-R media, which is an extra strong oxidizer media. It is based on enhanced 80% manganese dioxide, and outperforms manganese greensand and other medias. The life expectancy of the Filox-R media is usually up to 10 years. All Filox-R units are equipped with a digital time clock valve.
Filox systems are typically used together with a chlorine injection or air injection system. Together these two systems will use oxidation to cause the dissolved Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese to precipitate out of solution where it can easily be filtered out downstream with a (4.5x20”) 20 micron (re-usable) pleated sediment filter. In this case the chlorine or air is the oxidizer, and the Filox-R acts as a catalyst that greatly accelerates the oxidation process and also allows you to use less chlorine.
- Please measure how many PPMs of the offending constituent(s) we are treating. We need to know this.
- Iron (Fe): Treats up to 15 ppm [as is] without adding any oxidizer. Treats up to 27 ppm with Chlorine Injection.
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S): Treats up to 7 ppm [as is] without adding any oxidizer. Treats up to 17 ppm with Chlorine Injection.
- Manganese (Mn): Treats up to 3 ppm [as is] without adding any oxidizer. Treats up to 11 ppm with Chlorine Injection.
- For the higher levels you will need to install a chemical oxidizer such as air or chlorine upstream of the Filox-R unit.
- Measure the ORP (Oxidation Reduction Potential) of your water. ORP Value must be in the Positive range of millivolts in order for the Filox to work without adding chemical oxidizer to the water.
- Have your installer program the Filox-R Unit to regenerate (backwash) once per day to keep it clean.
- Choose the size of your unit based upon the given Maximum Flow Rate the unit can process AND also by the Minimum Required Backwash Flow Rate needed to flush the unit clean each day.
- Call us at 210-568-3628 for assistance.
- Please NOTE: You can also treat up to 9 ppm of Hydrogen Sulfide and 9 ppm of Iron with Catalytic Carbon if you have >4 ppm Dissolved Oxygen in the water.
- Available Filox-R Oxidation System Models:
- 1 cu. ft. tank
- 1.5 cu. ft. tank
- 2 cu. ft. tank
- 3 cu. ft. tank
Chlorine Injection Pump
Chlorine injection pumps use liquid household chlorine bleach to cause the oxidation of dissolved Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese within your water pipe. Chlorine injection can also provide protection against bacteria, virus, and iron bacteria. Two models are available, which can feed either 12 or 30 gallons per day.
Air Injector Tank System
Air Injection is the chemical free way to oxidize dissolved Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese out of the water. Our air injector tank systems causes the oxidation of Dissolved Iron,
Hydrogen Sulfide, and Manganese when used together with our Filox-R Oxidation System. An economical solution, since it doesn’t require you to buy any chlorine bleach or chemicals for it to function properly, and does not add chlorine to your water.
About Air : Air is actually 21% Oxygen, which is an extremely reactive and powerful oxidizer. Scientists have determined that if we had any more oxygen in our atmosphere than 21% the entire planet would quickly catch on fire and burn to the ground. That's the significance of a 21% oxygen level.
Available Air Injector Tank System Models:
- 6 GPM model
- 7 GPM model
- 8 GPM model
Prices are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right to change incorrectly priced items.
All sales are final.